sábado, 5 de novembro de 2011

1961: Trópico de Câncer de Henry Miller

I have made a silent compact with myself not to change a line of what I write. I am not interested in perfecting my thoughts, nor my actions. Beside the perfection of Turgenev I put the perfection of Dostoievski. (Is there anything more perfect than The  Eternal Husband?) "Here, then, in one and the same medium, we have two kinds of perfection. But in Van Gogh's letters there is a perfection beyond either of these. It is the triumph of the individual over art. There is only one thing which interests me vitally now, and that is the recording of all that which is omitted in books. Nobody, so far as I can see, is making use of those elements in the air which gives direction and motivation to our lives.  Tropic of Cancer de Henry Miller





Tropic of Cancer de Henry Miller foi publicado pela primeira vez em 1934. Ficou proibido nos Estados Unidos até 1961, ano em que foi novamente editado.

Sem comentários: